Friday, April 18, 2008

OK, ok, ok, ok, are you ready?

The whole event took less than 5 minutes, though I'm so excited about it I could write enough to have you reading it for longer than that, but as I'm too kind, I'm going to cut to the chase.

I had Little Trainer Boy take my measurements last night. We haven't done this since the first or second week of January. I was impressed at the first one, that my weight was on the higher side of my range, that my inches were what they were, that women's sizes are so deceiving when compared to actual measurements.
While he was super impressed at my first measurement, the neck, going down by half an inch (for which I had to razz him incessantly because he just went to his girlfriend's sorority formal and had to actually know his neck size for the shirt he had to wear, and I never even have a top button if I do wear a button up), I was more impressed that every other body part had also gone down by at least half an inch at the muscular parts (bicep, calf) and an inch to an inch and a half at the fatty bits.
RIGHT. So, even with the brownie platter and the intermittent gym attendance and irregular workouts with Little Trainer Boy and his death by hamstring curl, I'm seeing in plain blue ink that 11lbs can make a big difference.
So, with the office of girls committed to pulling out their Weight Watchers materials and adhering to those guidelines starting Monday, I'm ready to see what a more dedicated attitude can do for this fitness thing.
Lets face it, when you've got muscular legs, and you can see your bicep flex when you brush your hair in the morning, and the weather warms up, it's a lot easier to want to get rid of the Jello covered parts and get into some shorts and a tank top and see if Little Trainer Boy will actually jump on you like a bonobo monkey the way he says he does when he sees toned legs, because, damn, that would be worth the pain!!!
To add to the fun of the day, I have to admit I'm so thrilled to find out that while the company has a closed-toed-shoe policy, my manager understands that we have no contact with the public and therefore lets us get pretty casual with our business casual attire, and with the temps in the 70s for the 3rd day in a row, I am more than excited to find out that my 10 pair of open toed sandals will get to become part of my work wear wardrobe again!! Oh, with the slip on sandals and the skirts and the cap sleeved tops, the hair is getting cut again soon and the tan is starting to take, add to it a couple inches dropped without really trying and the motivation that breeds, and this Garden State is about to see a whole new side of this Cali Girl!!

3 comments:

The British Bird. said...

Just stopped in to say congrats! It does a woman good to improve herself. Im down 8 pounds and seeing muscle myself :-) Keep up the good work.

Undercover Mother said...

Congratulations!!! I should measure me, because my weight is no different, but I think some of my stomach is gone, and my butt is higher.

Good goin', girlfriend!

Miss Sassy said...

TBB - welcome, and thanks!

MOT - it makes all the difference to have on paper if what you are doing is or isn't making a difference. For all that money I'd expect something more, but I'm still enjoying the brownie platter (2 bites, I mean come on!!) enough to be realistic about my commitment. Got a hottie I should plan to visit that likes athletic types??? August maybe?? ;)