Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just for Shits and Giggles

Remember that omlette and fruit I had the other day, that had me so full I didn't even want to eat the muffin until 4pm??
Yeah, I'm not saying it was THAT, or the driving around town all afternoon in a new truck with a new driver (I like the idea of visiting people I want to do business with, but jumping in a truck with a coworker for 3.5 hours is kinda icked my wow on it), or Spaz working my last nerve with the "you still owe me the rest of the deposit I put down 2+ years ago so I come out even, and I hope I called this guy early enough so I still have a place to go, sign this peice of binder paper saying you owe me money", or maybe just maybe it was coming back to the office that somehow smells of rank BO at almost all times (menapuase is a BITCH, and it will make ypu smell like a man, FYI), or perhaps that it was windy yesterday and after being a passenger in a car all day I just couldn't take the building swaying on me... add to all that the late night (company standard to stay until 7pm once a month) and you get One.Sicky.Sassy.

I was up most of Tuesday night with sharp stabbing pains in my stomach, this after 1/2 a bowl of soup broth and a walk around the block with Pupster (kinda bad when you have the chills and like the chill on your face, no?), was passed out by 8:15pm, woke up at 2am with a crazy trip to the bathroom that had me in another bought of "ok, lets try sitting up a bit, maybe leaning against the wall, or maybe laying down on my side? no, nope, ok, well, how about wrapped around a pillow??" for 1.5 hours before I passed out again.
Even with all this, I tried to go to work yesterday - called in 3 times before I gave up, got myself some Ginger Ale and some chicken noodle soup and some dinner rolls and a yogurt for the sweet tooth, and hunkered in for the day.

I can honestly say, its not a fun as it sounds to sleep through a Wednesday =(=(

The one bonus is that I had time to sign the lease and get it to the property management company!!! No excuses from Spaz now, as I've made it clear that I will not be handing her any more money to move out with (she wants her full deposit back, the one she left on the place 2+ years ago!!!), and Sister and I have nailed down next weekend for a move date, so Spaz can figure out how to delay this further while 3 of us need the same shower every morning before work ;)
Oh, and I moved SweetPea's food dish to my room - lets see how quickly I don't have to blame her waistline on the medication when her kibble quits being covered in canola oil and sprinkled with cheddar cheese and pepperoni (cuz, you know, "its not fair to give it to one dog without giving it to the other". GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR).
The power WILL be mine, and who cares if I have to take a day off work to fight off food poisoning symptoms?

OH, a big heads up to anyone I converse with about actually visiting - I really hate hearing people eat. Please, keep eating to specific times, preferably when I will be eating with you and can be distracted by the sounds of my own mastication, and if you really really must have food next to you through the entire day and put something in your mouth every 5 minutes, maybe make it something you can wrap your mouth around (preferably squishy or pudding like that you don't even have to chew), and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do NOT think that you are a master time stacker because you take a bite while waiting for someone to pick up the other end of the phone call you just dialed - this will surely anger the receptionist you are trying to get to give you the name of the person we want to do business with; first you assume she will suck at her job and take 5 rings to pick up, then you waste her time telling her how funny you think it is to not be ready for her to answer the phone and ask her to let you finish chewing so you can beg her company for business.
Just Say'n, maybe lets get the manners back on the table, and I'll keep all of you apprised of any further pet peeves that pop up =)

4 comments:

vincentblackshadow said...

Get well soon

Miss Sassy said...

already doing better, thanks Vince ;) I ate solids and drank big gulps of water and kept them both in!!!! I feel like I'm 3 years old and need applause for going potty all by myself... but its an accomplishment, I'm telling ya!

Jamie said...

Aw you poor thing. I'm always a big baby when I'm sick and get my wife to take care of me.

curmudgeon said...

Ugh. That shit sucks big time. Sorry to hear it.

In the meantime, [chomp] sorry [chomp] oh excuse me [chomp] uh, what was that [chomp] I was going to say [chomp]? I forget. [smack]